Saturday, September 26, 2009
Islamic Cairo Final Part
Well it turns out, that being completely irresponsible of your intake of water, combined with walking 3 hours in the heat, leads to passing out on the metro.
Thankfully, the women caught me before my entire body hit the ground, picked me up, sat me down in a seat (a women gave up her seat), another woman offered me her cold water, and others wiped the sand off me. Then, once I regained my barrings, I thanked everyone and was at my stop before long. After I departed the metro, I found the closest chair where another woman came up to me and gave me something to eat (she saw me on the train). The kindness here is absolutely amazing. I knew no one in the metro, it didn't matter my nationality, religion, or anything, these women have immense hospitality, love, and respect for most they meet. It renewed my senses of the glory before me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BEAUTIFUL!!! i'm sending you some H2O from spa city!
ReplyDeletelove you and take care of yourself kid.
-lisa d. james
Those are loverly pictures and I'm so sorry you fell out on the metro! Thank goodness for the "kindness of strangers." :)
ReplyDelete