Sunday, September 6, 2009

3 days almost down, only a couple hundred more

Sorry for the delay, but I've made it to Cairo. I'm somewhat settled into an amazing flat with beautiful neighbors and view. I'm still needing a basket and a rope to lower to buy food: best thing ever!

Here is a quick run down of the past 3 days:

- Arrived at 2am, meet 3 MCCers whom carried my bags an explained briefly where I was going and what day it was
-Settled into my flat; pictures securely under glass for display
- Cake and Pizza awaited me in the fridge: Happy Early Birthday!
- First market and grocery trip: the kindest people! They are beyond willing to try and communicate with me, since so far I only know about 3 words and I just figured out the exchange rate
- Visited the Khan al-Khalili and watched Iftar: breaking of the fast: also found a lovely scarf and bag...and had my first Egyptian cup of Turkish coffee! It was much needed.
- Cave church visit, heard the story of St. Simon (a must hear/read, look it up)
- Office orientation, another market trip tonight, hopefully cooking lessons soon

I'm greatly indebted to the other MCCers that have helped me get around and so forth. I would have been lost without them.

How is everyone at home? or wherever you all are? Let me know! Love and miss you all!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel! So glad to hear you made it there safe! Keep us updated please! Cake and pizza are such wonderful comfort foods to be welcomed with. Much love and peace

    ReplyDelete