The above entrance leads into the cave church, the cave that St. Simon moved, and where the drawings are etched into the walls.
Here is my official Christmas picture: One of the 3 Kings that never really went to the manager but brought gifts to our King in a different place.
Above is my first attempt at a sketch of my grandma. Of course it is very elementary and not at all how I hoped it would turn out. It merely represents the person, the love, the challenge of living life despite grievances to the fullest that is continously on my mind. She rarely leaves me and I'm thankful for memories and hope of a reunion.
Christmas is almost here and I believe I'll be spending mine somewhere in Egypt. I miss Arkansas and friends spread all over dearly and I hope for a earthly reunion will you all as well. We shall see what the future holds, it is of great uncertainty if the night will come and if the dogs will bark at 11pm. So for now, I am here in Cairo attempting to regain my initial excitement for living in far off places and building relationships despite the influx of red upon my cheeks when placed in front or in awkward meeting situations.
My room has morphed into my sanctuary with cinnamon and vanilla nut candles, recycled goods, colorful bags, pillow cases, and scarfs that breed warmth and comfort in an unfamiliar and a bit stressful place: despite and because of it's Western influences.
So, without further ramblings: Happy Christmas! Light your candles! Sing! Rejoice! And give away all your presents...
A quote stolen from my dear friend, Jessica:
"If you are what you should be, you will set the world on fire."
– St. Catherine of Sienna
Peace.
Yay, I finally got you added to my blog role and can easily see when you've posted and not only read it but then comment! Aren't you excited that it's taken me this long to accomplish such a task?!! I heart you! I also read your friend Peder's blog. I enjoyed his eggplant post tremendously but felt like a stalker so I didn't comment! :)
ReplyDelete